Forensic Science / Crime Labs
PAX-it has long served the forensic science community with comprehensive solutions to enhance the ease and efficiency of digital evidence and asset management. From independent crime labs to numerous state and federal agencies, forensic scientists have chosen PAX-it for its unique ability to streamline digital asset management through its intuitive, easy-to-learn database/filing system, with additional tools for annotation, documentation and report generation.
PAX-it can handle images from any source. Whether your images are from hand-held digital cameras used in Crime Scene Investigations or other field work, lab cameras on macrostands, stereozoom scopes, optical microscopes, polarized light microscopes, SEM, or document scanners, all can be captured, downloaded or imported directly into a PAX-it’s secure, managed database.
Reports, presentations, and other files may be included in these PAX-it case folders, for total project management.
PAX-it’s network site license allows shared–or separate–databases for Trace Evidence, Firearms & Toolmarks, Documents, Drug Analysis, DNA lab, Serology, Coroner’s/Medical Examiner’s office, and other departmental needs.
PAX-it features include:
- Image annotation tools, as overlays, to point out features in reports or presentations
- Image blending tools for comparisons and alignment of markers
- Overlays of images, grids, markers, etc on images
- Side-by-side construction of plates for reports or presentations
- Prefill of database information per case, as images are brought in
- Auto-sorting of images into case folders by case number, or other designated sort function
- Easy report preparation: With one click, Create and customize report layouts, and generate those reports in Microsoft Word or Excel
- Easy presentations and sharing: With one click, export images –with or without annotation layers– to PowerPoint or to email
- Network Site Licensing for powerful, immediate sharing of assets
PAX-it Extended Security Module
Worried about the security of your digital assets? The PAX-it Extended Security Module integrates additional layers of protection for you digital assets. Features include:
- Unique logins and administrative tools
- Electronic records and electronic signatures
- Detailed audit trails
Click here to learn more about the features included in the Extended Security Module.
Additional PAX-it Resources:
- PAXcam cameras for high resolution imaging from microscopes and macrostands
- Calibrated measurements from forensic images: linear, area, angle, arc, and more
- Image analysis software for auto detection of objects, counting, sizing, area fractions, etc. Easy to use reporting function includes report generation in MS-Excel for application of formulas, graphing of data, conditional formatting, and more
- QuickSolve conversion utility to bring legacy databases into current PAX-it format